The Primary Date field, usually displayed as Due Date or Start Date has special associations tied to it that are different than a Date Picker field. The differences between these fields are important to understand when customizing your own workflows.
Customization is only available in no-code workflows in the library labeled with “Custom”. If the workflow you are using does not have these features, you can ask our team about migrating over to one with these advanced features. These customization features right now are only available on Desktop: please log into your Coast account by visiting app.coastapp.com.
Primary Date field:
- There is only one Primary Date field per workspace.
- A Calendar view cannot exist unless this field is in or added to a workflow.
- This field controls where cards appear on a calendar.
- This field cannot be deleted if it is displayed in a view.
- Reminders and Repeat are tied to the Primary Date field.
What is the different between the primary Date field and a ‘Date Picker’ field?
- An unlimited number of Date picker fields can be added to a workflow. (Reminder: there is only one Primary Date field per workspace.)
- Date Picker fields have no affect on repeat or reminders.
- Date Picker fields have no affect on placement of a card in a calendar view.
It is important to be aware of these differences especially when removing a primary Date field, or attempting to replace a primary Date field that has been removed.