Want to easily pull up a Coast card associated with an Asset or Part by scanning a QR code? Learn how to print QR codes to put on machines or parts inventory, so that teammates can scan the code and directly pull up details, right when they need it. Eliminate confusion and increase efficiency by setting up an ideal workflow for your team on the ground.
Check out the 'Desktop' tab to learn how to find and print QR codes, and the 'Mobile' tab show your team how to scan the QR code.
Example use cases:
- Assets Management: QR code pulls up a card with model/serial numbers, warranty information, past work orders or preventative maintenance performed, instruction manuals, associated vendors, sub assets, parts, downtime info, associated checklists, etc.
- Parts Inventory: QR code pulls up a card with details like the initial quantity on hand, minimum on hand, parts cost, associated vendor details, assets and parts restock requests, etc.
Steps to print a QR Code to share a Card:
- Find share options by clicking on the 3 dot icon in the top right corner of the card you want to share.
- Select Share from the list of options.
- Left click on the QR code. (The QR code at the top will be a link only visible to people in your Coast organization.)
- Here you will see options to 'Save', 'Copy' or 'Open'. Pick Open Image in a New Tab.
- Navigate to the tab with the QR code open. Left click on the background to see a list of options.
- Select the Print option
- Click Print and attach the QR code to the corresponding asset.
- Pull up your camera or QR code reader on your phone and point it at the QR code
- Look for the button or options on screen to direct you to the Coast link and tap it.
- If you are logged into your Coast account and you have permission to see this card, the card should pull up directly on your phone.
- From here, you can update Status, edit details, comment or add photos as your permission levels allow.