Congratulations on your new Coast account! Not sure what to do first? Watch our getting started video and start here with these 5 steps:
Step 1: Quick things you need to know about Coast
- Coast is organized by Groups. Each group has two parts to it, messaging and workflow. When you click into a group, the first part you'll see is the messaging part in the middle of your screen. The workflow section is on the right side of your screen.
- You can create unlimited groups. This means you can have multiple Shift Schedules, different groups for specific teams, or groups for specific locations.
- Invited users can only see the groups that they are in. Make sure you add your invited users to the appropriate groups.
- Coast is also available on mobile, so you can take all your messages and workflows on the go. Click on the links below to download Coast for your mobile device.
Download Coast for Android
Download Coast for iOS
Step 2: Inviting your team to Coast
Your Coast account is made up of groups where people can communicate and work together. To invite your team to your account:
- On the left hand side, click the drop down arrow near your profile picture .
- Click on Directory.
- Click Invite Someone.
- Enter the person's full name and either their email or phone number.
- Click Send Invites.
- You can also share an Invite Link. Click Copy on the same page and send that to anyone you want to invite.
Note - Everyone that you invite will be automatically added to your All Teams chat group. For other groups in your account, you'll have to add them directly to it.
One thing to keep in mind that your invitee will need to use the same phone number or email that was used to invite their account to log into their account.
Step 3: Adding the right workflows to your account
You may have added a few workflows like shift scheduler, company bulletin board, and work orders as you created your account. But let's make sure you have the right ones for your account by going to the workflow library. To go to the workflow library and add new workflows to your account:
- On left hand side, tap on the pencil icon in in the upper left hand corner , click on New Workflow, and select choose the appropriate workflows to add to your account.
Once you have all the workflows you need for your account, make sure to add your team members to the appropriate ones.
Step 4: How to navigate and use each workflow
The left hand side contains all the groups that you are currently in for your Coast account. Keep in mind that other team members may see different groups than you if they have not been added to certain groups. Click into a workflow that you've added and want to use for your account.
I'll be clicking into Shift Scheduler to demonstrate how to navigate and use the shift scheduler workflow. Using and navigating other workflows will be almost exactly the same.
Message component of a workflow group
When you click into a workflow, the middle part of your screen will be the messaging component of the workflow. You can use the messaging area to discuss anything related to that workflow with your team. Keep in mind that every workflow has two components to it, messaging and workflow.
Workflow component of a workflow group
The right hand side of a group is the workflow component. This is where you still creating shifts if you're using the Shift Scheduler workflow. For other workflows, this will be the same area where you will doing specific actions for that workflow. Just click the big button to add cards to your workflow.
If you're unable to assign cards to your team, make sure you have added your team to the workflow group.
Step 5: Using the workflows in your account
Below we'll provide more helpful articles on how to use each workflow that's available in the workflow library Here's a few tips before we dive into each one.
- To delete a Group, just click into the group, tap into the group's name in the top middle, and then scroll down and click "Archive this Group Chat".
- To invite your team to a Group, click into the group, tap into the group's name in the top middle, and then scroll down and click "Add new member".
- To remove a member from a group, click into the group, tap into the group's name in the top middle, and click the 3 dots icon next to the member you want to remove, and click "Remove from Conversation".
- Where to create a schedule in Coast
- Add your team to the shift schedule group
- View the schedule on a weekly and monthly view
- Create a repeating shift
- Delete a single shift
- Add multiple shift schedulers
- Duplicate a shift
- Delete a repeating shift
- Assign tasks to a shift
- Check who has seen the schedule
- Filter your shifts
- Create a repeating shift
- Delete a single shift
- View only the shifts assigned to you
- Where to create and assign tasks in Coast
- Delete a task
- Filter your tasks
- View your tasks on a calendar view
- Add subtasks to a task
- Set due dates on tasks
- Edit a task
- Attach a photo to a task
- View your tasks in different views
- See all tasks assigned to you
- Create a repeating task
- Add a new chat group
- Delete a chat group
- Set a group description
- The All Teams group
- Pin a group to the top of your list
- Rename a chat group
- Set image or emojis as group icon
- Add members to a chat group
- Leave a group
- Remove a member from a chat group
- Send a direct message to a team member
- Check who has read your messages
- Add files to Coast
- Send an announcement to everyone on your team
- Send photos or images in your chat groups
- Delete a message