Congratulations on your new Coast account! Not sure what to do first? Watch our getting started video and start here with these 5 steps:
Step 1: Quick things you need to know about Coast
- Coast is organized by Groups. Each group has two parts to it, messaging and workflow. When you click into a group, the first part you'll see is the messaging part. To get into the workflow section, you'll need to tap the upper right hand corner.
- You can create unlimited groups. This means you can have multiple Shift Schedules, different groups for specific teams, or groups for specific locations.
- Invited users can only see the groups that they are in. Make sure you add your invited users to the appropriate groups.
- Coast is also available on desktop. You can log in at app.coastapp.com using the same phone number or email that you used to create your account. On desktop, you'll have access to a full monthly and weekly calendar.
Step 2: Inviting your team to Coast
Your Coast account is made up of groups where people can communicate and work together. You'll also be able to assign tasks, shifts, and more to to your invited members. To invite your team, click on the people icon on the bottom of the app, and select from these 3 options:
- Invite from your Contacts - This will allow you to add people directly from your Contacts list on your phone.
- Invite by Text Message - This will send an invite link to a phone number of your choice. Your invitee will need to click on that link to create their account and join your business.
- Invite by Email - This will send an email to an email of your choice. Your invitee will need to click on that link to create their account and join your business.
One thing to keep in mind for all these options is that your invitee will need to use the same phone number or email that was used to create their account to log into their account.
Step 3: Adding the right workflows to your account
You may have added a few workflows like shift scheduler, company bulletin board, and work orders as you created your account. But let's make sure you have the right ones for your account by going to the workflow library. There are two ways to go to the workflow library:
- From your home screen, tap the upper right hand corner, click New Workflow, and choose the workflows to add to your account, and add the right team members to it. Remember you can add as many as you like.
- From your home screen, tap your profile picture, click Workflow Library, and choose a workflow to add.
Once you have all the workflows you need for your account, make sure to add your team members to the appropriate ones.
Step 4: How to navigate and use each workflow
Your home screen contains all the groups that you are currently in for your Coast account. Keep in mind that other team members may see different groups than you if they have not been added to certain groups. Click into a workflow that you've added and want to use for your account.
I'll be clicking into Shift Scheduler w to demonstrate how to navigate and use the shift scheduler workflow. Using and navigating other workflows will be almost exactly the same.
Message component of a workflow group
When you click into a workflow, the first thing you'll see is the messaging component of the workflow. You can use the messaging area to discuss anything related to that workflow with your team. Keep in mind that every workflow has two components to it, messaging and workflow. To get into the workflow area just click the menu button on the top right hand corner.
Workflow component of a workflow group
After clicking the menu button on the top right hand corner of the messaging area, you'll see the workflow component. This is where you still creating shifts if you're using the Shift Scheduler workflow. For other workflows, this will be the same area where you will doing specific actions for that workflow. Just click the big button to add cards to your workflow.
If you're unable to assign cards to your team, make sure you have added your team to the workflow group.
Step 5: Using the workflows in your account
Below we'll provide more helpful articles on how to use each workflow that's available in the workflow library Here's a few tips before we dive into each one.
- To delete a Group, just click into the group, tap into the group's name in the top middle, and then scroll down and click "Archive this Group Chat".
- To invite your team to a Group, click into the group, tap into the group's name in the top middle, and then scroll down and click "Add new member".
- To remove a member from a group, click into the group, tap into the group's name in the top middle, and click the 3 dots icon next to the member you want to remove, and click "Remove from Conversation"
- Where to create a schedule in Coast
- Add your team to the shift schedule group
- View the schedule on a weekly and monthly view
- Create a repeating shift
- Delete a single shift
- Add multiple shift schedulers
- Duplicate a shift
- Delete a repeating shift
- Assign tasks to a shift
- Check who has seen the schedule
- Filter your shifts
- Create a repeating shift
- Delete a single shift
- View only the shifts assigned to you
- Where to create and assign tasks in Coast
- Delete a task
- Filter your tasks
- View your tasks on a calendar view
- Add subtasks to a task
- Set due dates on tasks
- Edit a task
- Attach a photo to a task
- View your tasks in different views
- See all tasks assigned to you
- Create a repeating task
- Add a new chat group
- Delete a chat group
- Set a group description
- The All Teams group
- Pin a group to the top of your list
- Rename a chat group
- Set image or emojis as group icon
- Add members to a chat group
- Leave a group
- Remove a member from a chat group
- Send a direct message to a team member
- Check who has read your messages
- Add files to Coast
- Send an announcement to everyone on your team
- Send photos or images in your chat groups
- Delete a message