Congratulations on your new Coast account! Not sure what to do first? Watch our quick start guide and follow through these 5 steps:
Step 1: Quick things you need to know about Coast
- Coast is organized by Groups. Each group has two parts to it: messaging and workflow. When you click into a group, the first part you'll see is the messaging section. To get into the workflow section, you'll need to tap the upper right hand corner.
- You can create unlimited groups. This means you can have multiple workflows, different groups for specific teams, or groups for specific locations.
- Invited users can only see the groups that they are in. Make sure you add your invited users to the appropriate groups. Choose from our permission settings to grant users different view access.
- Coast is also available on desktop. You can log in at app.coastapp.com using the same phone number or email that you used to create your account. On desktop, you'll have access to a full monthly and weekly calendar.
Step 2: Inviting your team to Coast
Your Coast account is made up of groups where people can communicate and work together. You'll also be able to assign tasks, shifts, and more to to your invited members. To invite your team, click on your profile picture on the top left, then click Invite Someone and select from these 3 options:
- Invite from your Contacts - This will allow you to add people directly from your Contacts list on your phone.
- Invite by Text Message - This will send an invite link to a phone number of your choice. Your invitee will need to click on that link to create their account and join your business.
- Invite by Email - This will send an email to an email of your choice. Your invitee will need to click on that link to create their account and join your business.
One thing to keep in mind for all these options is that your invitee will need to use the same phone number or email that was used to create their account in order to log into their account.
Step 3: Adding the right workflows to your account
As you create your account, you may have added a few workflows like shift scheduler, task management, and work orders. To make sure you're using the workflow that best suits your account, check out our Workflow Library:
- From your home screen, tap the pencil icon in the upper right hand corner.
- Click New Workflow and choose the workflows to add to your account.
- Add the right team members to it. Remember you can add as many as you like.
Once you have all the workflows you need for your account, make sure to add your team members to the appropriate ones.
Step 4: How to navigate and use each workflow
Your home screen contains all the groups that you are currently in for your Coast account. Click into a workflow that you've added and want to use for your account. Keep in mind that other team members may see different groups than you if they have not been added to certain groups.
I'll be clicking into Shift Scheduler to demonstrate how to navigate and use the shift scheduler workflow. Using and navigating other workflows will be almost exactly the same.
Message component of a workflow group
When you click into a workflow, the first thing you'll see is the messaging component of the workflow. You can use this section to discuss anything related to that workflow with your team. To get into the workflow area, just click the check icon on the top right hand corner.
Workflow component of a workflow group
After clicking the check icon on the top right hand corner of the messaging area, you'll see the workflow component. This is where you still creating shifts if you're using the Shift Scheduler workflow. For other workflows, this will be the same area where you will doing specific actions for that workflow. Just click the plus button to add cards to your workflow.
If you're unable to assign cards to your team, make sure your team has been added to the workflow group by clicking on Members.
Step 5: Using the workflows in your account
Before we'll provide more helpful articles on how to use each workflow that's available in the workflow library. Here's a few tips before we dive into each one:
- To delete a Group, just click into the group, tap into the group's name in the top middle, and then scroll down and click Archive this Group Chat.
- To invite your team to a Group, click into the group, tap into the group's name in the top middle, and then scroll down and click Add new member.
- To remove a member from a group, click into the group, tap into the group's name in the top middle, and click the 3 dot icon next to the member you want to remove, and click Remove from Conversation.
Step 6: Learn how to navigate the different workflows
↔️ Shift Swaps