Stay on top of your team's parts inventory needs. Receive email alerts whenever a part goes below your set minimum.
Inside your Parts Inventory card, you can add one or more email addresses to receive alerts when a part goes below a set minimum. Be sure to set the minimum by filling out the Minimum on Hand field and fill out the Email Parts Alert To field. Now when parts are used in work orders and you hit the threshold, those email addresses will be notified that it’s time to reorder or restock parts.
Steps to set up email alerts for parts inventory:
- From the home screen, click on the Parts Inventory workspace.
- Choose a Parts Inventory card.
- Inside the Parts card, set the amount of parts you currently have in stock in the Parts on Hand field.
- Type the minimum amount of parts required in the Minimum on Hand field; the email alert will trigger if the stock falls below this amount.
- Add email address(es) you'd like the alert to be sent to in the Email Parts Alert To field. For multiple email addresses, separate them with a comma and a space (e.g., email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Tap the Save button on the right-hand corner of the card.
- To see this in action, go to your Work Order workspace. Click on an existing work order or create a new one.
- Find the Parts field and select the part that is being used. When parts are used inside a work order, they will automatically be deducted from the parts inventory.
- Adjust the quantity used, if necessary.
- Click Save in the top right corner. If the quantity used falls below the Minimum on Hand, an email alert will be sent to the specified email address.