External Work Orders are templates that can be shared with people outside your Coast account (vendors, clients, outside contractors, etc.) in order for them to submit work orders. You can post this as a QR code or through a link on your website. To format data in an External Form, hide default options and add prefilled responses.
Note: Creating an External Work Order can only be done on desktop and in certain workspaces.
Steps to create an external work order:
- On the left hand side, click into the Work Order workspace.
- Click on the top middle .
- Select Templates. You can use our default template or create a new one by clicking on the 3 dot icon inside the External Work Order box.
- Select Duplicate.
- To customize the template, click on one of the External Work Orders.
- Give your template a name and format the rest of the data by hiding fields that you don’t need or adding prefilled responses to specific fields.
- Click Save on the top right once it's completed.