Have a work order you’d like to share with someone who is not on your team? Maybe you have a vendor or service provider (even a customer!) who would like to view the work order but doesn’t need to make updates to it. Sometimes it’s handy to send them a ‘view-only’ link that they can access without having to sign up for Coast or join your team.
Note: Creating a public link is only available on desktop.
How to share a public link to a card:
- Find the card (work order, project, task) you would like to share.
- Click the three dots icon in the top right corner.
- Select Share from the list of options.
- At the bottom, find the section called Public Access.
- Next to Create Public Link, switch the toggle to the right to turn it on. A QR code and a Copy Link option will appear below.
Public Link: means anyone with this link can view the information in the fields of this specific card, they do not need to have a Coast account. They cannot update, comment on, or make changes to the fields.
- Click Copy Link and the link will be copied to your clipboard, or right-click on the QR code to save it and share the link that way.
- Paste the link into a browser window where you are not signed in to Coast (incognito) to see what the card will look like to someone else.