Have a work order you’d like to share with someone who is not on your team? Maybe you have a vendor or service provider (even a customer!) who would like to view the work order, but doesn’t need to make updates to it. Sometimes it’s handy to send them a ‘view-only’ link that they can access without having to sign up for Coast or join your team.
How to create a public link to a card:
- Find the card (work order, project, task) you would like to share
- Click the three dots icon in the top right corner
- Select ‘Share’ from the list of options
- At the bottom find the section called ‘Public Access’
- Next to ‘Create Public Link’ switch the toggle to the right to turn it on. A QR code and a ‘Copy Link’ option will appear below. (Public Link: means anyone with this link can view the information in the fields of this specific card, they do not need to have a coast account. They cannot update, comment on or make changes to the fields.)
- Click ‘Copy Link’ and the link will be copied to your clip board, or right click on the QR code to save it and share the link that way.
- Paste the link into a browser window where you are not signed in to Coast (incognito) to see what the card will look like to someone else.