The Primary Assignee field, usually listed as Assignee, has special associations that are different than a Person field. The differences between these fields are important to understand when customizing your own workflows.
Customization is only available in no-code workflows in the library labeled with “Custom”. If the workflow you are using does not have these features, you can ask our team about migrating over to one with these advanced features. These customization features right now are only available on Desktop: please log into your Coast account by visiting app.coastapp.com.
Primary Assignee field:
- There is only one primary Assignee field per workspace.
- If there is an assignee, Reminders will be sent to this person. If there is no assignee or a Person field is incorrectly labeled assignee, Reminders will be sent to the person who created the card.
- If a user’s permission levels are set to Personal they will only be able to see cards that they’ve created or that are assigned to them. This field must using the Assignee field, and not a Person field.
What is the difference between a Primary Assignee field and a ‘Person’ field?
- Workspaces can have an unlimited number of Person fields.
- Person fields have no affect on reminders.
- Person fields have no affect on ‘Personal’ view.
- A Person field that is renamed ‘Assignee’ does give it the attributes of an Assignee field and could potentially confuse users.
It is important to be aware of these differences especially when removing a primary Assignee field, or attempting to replace a primary Assignee field that has been removed.