Ever looked at a list view or board view of work orders and wanted to see a file, or an address displayed without having to click into each card? Or maybe your calendar view is getting too crowded and you want to hide some fields to get a better overview? Learn how to customize workflow views by showing or hiding fields. (These view changes will be reflected in only that specific workspace and will be updated universally for all everyone with access to that workspace.)
Customization is only available in no-code workflows in the library labeled with “Custom”. If the workflow you are using does not have these features, you can ask our team about migrating over to one with these advanced features. These customization features right now are only available on Desktop: please log into your Coast account by visiting app.coastapp.com.
How to show or hide fields in a view:
- Inside your workspace find the button at the top that lists your views. It may say something like ‘Calendar,” “Board” or “List” depending on what your current view is named.
- Click on this button and you will see a list of the views already created for this workspace.
- Click on the view where you’d like to show or hide fields.
- Click on the three dots icon to the right of the View name.
- Find the section ‘Show Fields’ and click the option that displays the number of fields shown (e.g. “1 field shown”)
- A list of fields available to show/hide will appear below (if the list is long, you may have to scroll to see the field you are looking for).
- Toggle ON the field(s) you’d like to show (the knob will be on the right side).
- Toggle OFF the field(s) you’d like to hide (the knob will be on the left side). *Please note if you click a toggle and it does not move, it may be locked on or off in order to make sure the view does not break.
- Click anywhere outside of the dropdown and you should see the view update with the changes you’ve made.