When looking at a card (e.g. work order, form, checklist, shift, etc) ever wished you could change the name of an existing field? Maybe your team calls something by a different name and you want to make sure the field is self-explanatory. Or maybe you see that your team needs a hint to know what to fill out. Use Coast’s customization features to make Coast workflows work for you.
Customization is only available in no-code workflows in the library labeled with “Custom”. If the workflow you are using does not have these features, you can ask our team about migrating over to one with these advanced features. These customization features right now are only available on Desktop: please log into your Coast account by visiting app.coastapp.com .
How to edit an existing field’s label:
- Click in the ‘New button’ in the top right corner.
- Inside the ‘Create’ page click on the three dots icon to the left of the ‘Create’ button. (Please note: this feature is not available from inside an existing card.)
- Select ‘Customize Fields’ from the dropdown. This is the area that allows you to update how everyone who can access this workspace will see the form.
- Click on the field you want to update to see the options available for this field.
- ‘Label’ will update the small text that always appears above the field.
- ‘Placeholder Text’ is the text that appears inside an empty field. Form creators sometimes use this to give hints to the people filling out the forms. A ‘Label’ might be “Notes” and the ‘Placeholder Text’ might be “Describe the problem or issue”. Other times these might be the same word. The field works much better when both fields are filled in, so don’t leave either field blank (even if they are the same word).
- Once you are done with your changes click ‘Save’ in the upper right corner of the page. You will be taken to the form and should be able to see your changes right away.